Welcome to Email Broadcast – We’re Hiring!
Executive Assistant - Employee at HQ
Executive Assistant with three-day weekends!
We’re looking for an administrative genius who can help our CEO maximize each day.
The right candidate will be upbeat, have lots of energy, be extremely organized and focused, have a knack for correctly prioritizing tasks, and have a sense of urgency – all while performing with 100% accuracy.
Ok, maybe 99.5%.
What We Do
Email Broadcast provides full-service email marketing, which continues to be the most effective internet marketing tool available. It’s 40 times more successful at earning new business than Facebook and Twitter combined, and the Direct Marketing Association says it has the best return on investment compared to SEO, SEM, social media, and others. While email marketing is still one of the greatest marketing vehicles available, most companies suck at it. This is great news—they hire us to do it for them.
We believe in leading balanced lives. You’ll work hard four days a week (M-Th 8 am to 6 pm), so you can enjoy three day weekends—every weekend. We also close for one week over the 4th of July holiday and two weeks at Christmas, so you can take yourself to Cancun (or whatever your ‘beach’ is). You’ve earned it!
Responsibilities would include:
- Correctly prioritizing and completing tasks on or ahead of schedule. Since you report to the CEO, you’ll need to be ok with occasionally having your plan wrecked and having to build a new one.
- Assisting with creation/editing of proposals and PowerPoint presentations.
- Full use of google apps.
- Utilizing project management system (Basecamp) to do tasks assigned to you and documenting your work. If you have prior experience with Basecamp then we shall rejoice.
- Using WordPress, and doing “search engine optimization” for our web pages. Prior experience with WP a bonus.
- Placing calls to strangers and setting up appointments for the CEO.
- Problem-solving including online research.
- Many different projects that use all things digital. These might include social media posts, blog posts, video editing, optimizing youtube content, optimizing content on our website, doing PR, or performing other general digital wizardry.
- Graphic design skills are also a bonus.
- Handling personal assistant type stuff like coffee runs, grocery runs, booking travel, CEO’s lunch, drinks for guests.
Skills and Qualities needed for this position:
- College graduate preferred
- The Internet should be second nature – Google, research, social media, online apps, and tech should be non-threatening to you (if given directions and a login, can you figure the rest out?)
- Personality that is pleasant, accountable, dependable, energetic, proactive, and flexible
- Ability to handle direct communication and/or feedback without taking it personally
- Desire to work somewhere between 24 and 32 hours a week M-TH
- Smart, and interested to learn new skills and systems quickly
- Ability to keep on top of a task list, and never allow anything to fall through the cracks while prioritizing multiple deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. We believe that grammar counts.
- Typing of 40+ words per minute (there is a test)
- Creative personality that can collaborate on marketing ideas for our firm, and for new clients
- Bookkeeping/Accounting/QuickBooks/Math skills for occasional invoicing
- Able to work an 8 hour day, Monday through Thursday, beginning at either 8:30 am, or 9 am. (We have some flexibility here)
Need to occasionally schedule to come in an hour late, leave an hour or two early, or take an extra day off? No problem. We believe in having a balanced life and are flexible.
We’ve been in business since the year 2000 and are growing. We’re located in our own building in San Luis Obispo on S. Higuera.
- Equal opportunity employer
- Hourly pay with 24 to 32 hours per week
- 2 weeks off for Christmas/New Years holiday
- 1 week off for 4th of July Holiday
- 4-day work week, with few exceptions
Please follow these steps exactly so that we can recognize you from the auto-replies we get from people unwilling to read this ad and/or follow directions:
- Send an email with your resume and cover letter directly to EA2017@emailbroadcast.com (Hint: You should always use PDFs of these, not Word docs or other formats.)
- In the subject line use this: Your New 2017 Executive Assistant (don’t get creative here – this is how we sort the incoming mail and all other responses will be trashed as Spam).
- Write something that lets us know you specifically read this post. Do something to impress us. Generic responses will be shit-canned. Yes, we swear like sailors at the office.
- We will get back to you sooner than you can possibly imagine.
Good luck, and we’ll see you at the top!
Account Coordinator - Contractor
What if you could control your own schedule, work from home, participate in strategic and creative marketing campaigns, and be a valued member of a kick-ass remotely connected team? Oh—you’ll also never be expected to work on Fridays. Yep. That’s right. Three-day weekends, every weekend.
Sound like a dream? Pinch yourself.
Email Broadcast is looking to hire a part-time, long-term Account Coordinator (and general marketing rockstar). Our Account Coordinators play a vital role here. They’re the connection between us and our clients; they’re in charge of keeping those clients happy; they’re the makers of amazing monthly email campaigns.
This job is a permanent contractor role within our company. You’ll have plenty of flexibility to get your work done, but that comes with accountability. You should be generally available from 10 to 4, Monday through Thursday. This is when client meetings, team meetings, communication, and collaboration happen. If you have other commitments during this time, this isn’t a good fit.
As an Account Coordinator, you’re going to be responsible for a handful of diverse clients (i.e., your accounts could include a high-end dermatology office or a remote fishing lodge). You’ll work on creating a monthly email campaign for them from start to send. This includes coming up with creative concepts, writing compelling copy, coordinating graphic requirements with our designer, A/B testing, requesting and tracking client approval, scheduling, reporting, and everything else in between. You’ll also attend weekly team meetings and occasional client calls, where you’ll share your ideas and contribute to discussions. To be successful, you need a blend of some specific skills:
- Client wrangling. Whether you’re getting buy-in on a content idea, or tracking someone down for an approval; you should be a perfect balance of persuasive, professional, persistent, and personable.
- Project tracking. I.e., Can you juggle? More importantly: Can you focus? You’ll be working on several email campaigns for different clients all at the same time. You have to be able to transition from one project to the next without dropping the ball but disciplined enough to focus on each task and ensure high-quality completion.
- Marketing wizardry. You have experience and know-how to hook an audience with a headline, dazzle them with compelling copy, and persuade them to click, buy, sign up, stay tuned, or whatever else your campaign calls for!
Still interested? See if the following describes you:
WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR
- 12-20 hours per week of work. That’s about how much you’ll be working with a typical client load. Want more? Once you prove your marketing prowess, there’s plenty of internal projects we can add you to that will increase your hours. This job can grow into what you make it, but those 12-20 hours will be your primary priority. If what you really need is a full-time job to pay the bills, that’s cool, but this isn’t the right role for you.
- A long-term role. To be clear: This isn’t a freelance opportunity. If you’re used to piecing together one-off projects and short-term gigs, we’re not a good fit. The Account Coordinator is a permanent contractor role within our company.
- To be part of a team. Yes, you’ll do a lot of work on your own. But lone wolves need not apply. Each month you’ll be working with me, her, him, and them.
- Decent Pay. Your hourly rate will be dependent on your experience. There is also a year-end bonus.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of hands-on marketing experience (email marketing is a huge plus!)
- You write good. (Or is it “write well”? You should know the difference.)
- Proven ability to meet and beat deadlines.
YOU’LL GET BONUS POINTS FOR
- Graphic design skills
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices
- Familiarity with email platforms (MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Experience with Basecamp, Highrise, and Google Docs
So, how does that sound?
If you think you’re the person we’re looking for, send your cover letter and resume to ACmarch2018@emailbroadcast.com. Please use the subject line “Your 2018 Account Coordinator.” Do not get creative here. This is how we sort the incoming mail. Consider your cover letter to be an example of your marketing skills—pitch yourself to us! Make sure you explain why you’re the perfect person for this position, why you’re interested, and how this part-time role will fit with your lifestyle.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK FOR EMAIL BROADCAST?
Working for Email Broadcast as an independent contractor—yes, work from my home—score!
So I had this need…typical stay-at-home-mom that needed to make some additional money to pay for the extras that come with kids: shoes, toys, never-ending school fundraisers, and maybe even braces at some point. My husband works full time, but with the high cost of living it just wasn’t quite enough to cover those “extras.” It was simple: I wanted a part-time job, wielding my copywriting and client wrangling skills, and yet I didn’t want to shell out for daycare while I toiled away in some corporate office.
Enter Email Broadcast…the perfect solution that met these very exact needs. I seriously love my job with an amazing set of badass peeps, great clients, and I can even work in my pj’s if I so wish while I suck down as much coffee as I can take in.
Dara Gibbs, Account Coordinator Team Lead
Copy Editor & Writer - Contractor
Do you love what words can do?
Are you a fellow card-carrying member of the Grammar Police?
Can you share your enthusiasm with others in a constructive way?
Awesomesauce. We want you on our kick-ass team. We’re looking for a copy editor who cannot only edit the em dash out of our copy, but can also teach the craft of storytelling and copywriting to our other writers.
In addition to copyediting, you may be asked to (gasp) write copy of your own—for clients and/or for us. But before you get too excited, our requirements may rule you out.
Here’s some requirements:
* You must be available between 10 am and 4 pm Pacific time M-TH. This is when we do business, meet with each other and clients, and get work done.
* To be clear, you’re a contractor in control of your own schedule, so if 3-5 am is your zone of genius, good on ya. But the rest of us expect to be able to regularly reach you and schedule meetings with you during our work hours, as needed.
* You’ll need to be perfectly comfortable working only 5-10 hours per week indefinitely.
* You must have first-rate grammar skills and be able to prove it by passing our grueling grammar exam (verbal and written) under a scorching bare lightbulb.
* You’ll need to turn around copy editing assignments in 24 hours (M-TH), even if you get 5 or 6 in the same day.
* We want you to not only practice your copy editing craft, but teach it as well so our writers become better writers. You should shed tears of joy when one of your pupils wins the Pulitzer.
Here’s who we’re not looking for:
* If you don’t know what a style-guide is, you can stop reading now. Seriously… looking it up is not going to help. Unless words have been your thing professionally, this is not a fit.
* If you have a day job, and you’re looking to pick up some extra work, this is not the right gig for you. See requirement number 1.
* If you have another part-time job during these hours, or any other regular commitments, this is not right for you. See requirement number 1.
* If you are a freelancer with a bunch of other clients, this is not right for you. We need all of your attention for when things get crazeballs.
Basically, the only people that will be right for this long-term contracting gig are ones that don’t need it. We get that. Are you our needle? Maybe your significant other is the main breadwinner and you need something to do. Maybe you’re independently wealthy and just love words. Maybe you’re the AI device that Elon has been warning us about.
What? You’re still here? Yay!
1. Send a cover letter and your resume to CE2018@emailbroadcast.com. Make sure your cover letter is boring and full of typos and run-on sentences. OOH – and make sure you mix up their and there. Lastly, be sure each paragraph has multiple and vague thoughts.
2. Be sure to tell us WHY a part-time contracting gig works for you long term. Like, we look forward to meeting your grandchildren.
3. Prepare yourself for pure silence as we are awestruck by your perfection. Seriously, it may take us a while to get back to you.
Graphic Designer - Contractor
Imagine if you could secure a long-term gig where every day you got to express your creativity with different ideas and completely different designs. Through us you can work with a bunch of different clients and have a wide variety of assignments tapping into ALL of your design skills. Instead of pounding out the same old stuff every day, you’ll get creative reign to exceed our clients wildest dreams.
You’ll also have the warm and fuzzy feeling of running your own show, setting your own schedule, and having your own life – but still get the enjoyment of being part of a kick-ass team.
The role of graphic designer is an important one at Email Broadcast. The images in an email are as important (if not more important) than the copy. Many of our clients have formerly produced their own email campaigns and are paying Email Broadcast as a means to significantly step up their branding – that’s where you come in.
Our graphic designers need to have a wide range and a lot of tools in their belt. Each client has it’s own brand and voice and it’s your job to communicate this month’s message visually, pulling in the reader for further engagement.
While we value creativity, it’s nothing without accountability. We expect our graphic designers to engage with our team, answer emails, be active on Basecamp, make meetings on time, and generally have integrity and be accountable. We love to work with creative geniuses, but only if they show up.
We work on deadlines and demand that you have the ability to manage your schedule so that you can do great work for our clients. We abhor fire drills and drama and do very well at managing client expectations with regards to lead times and turnarounds times, but we’re not perfect. Our standard assignments include a one week turnaround, but occasionally you’ll be asked for a quick turnaround on an urgent project.
This is a long-term independent contract position. Location is flexible, but availability & tech capabilities for video chats scheduled between 10am and 4pm PST, Monday through Thursday is required. What this means is that you’re free to do your work whenever you want to, but we do operate like a normal business with normal business hours and have meetings throughout the week for which you’ll need to be generally available. We also have a lot of collaborative meetings, so a willingness to speak up and present ideas & opinions is extremely necessary.
This position is for approximately 10-20 hours of work per week. We work a short, intense work week with a focus on efficiency so we can spend the rest of our time living fulfilled, happy lives.
- 2 years experience or better on web design/email design/commercial layouts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Design
- Proven ability to deliver projects on/ahead of time
- Access to the full Adobe Creative Suite with expert status in Photoshop
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices regarding design
- Email platforms (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, etc)
- Basecamp, Highrise, & Google Docs
This role is for a remote contractor, but our headquarters is located in San Luis Obispo, CA
- Equal opportunity employer
- Rate DOE- 1099 contractor status
- We don’t work on Fridays
- We close for two weeks at Christmas and one week for 4th of July
Please follow these steps exactly:
1. Send an email to designer2017 @ emailbroadcast.com
2. In the subject line use this: Your 2017 Graphic Designer (don’t get creative here – this is how we sort the incoming mail and all other responses will be trashed as Spam).
3. Include your resume, a link to your portfolio, and a couple of paragraphs on why you might be the perfect person for this position, why you are interested, and why a part-time contractor role will fit with your lifestyle long term.
4. Include your hourly rate requirements with the understanding that this will be consistent work of 6-10 hours per week or more as we grow.
5. Also, please tell us specifically which ad brought you here.
Thanks for your interest!