Welcome to Email Broadcast – We’re Hiring!
We’re thrilled that you’re considering an opportunity with us, whether it’s a full-time, part-time or contractor role. Each member of our team is extremely important to our success and we love to work with star talent. Our company may be a little different from your typical corporate atmosphere and you should know that coming in. Be sure to look around and get to know us.
Business Development Representative - Employee at HQ
Business Development Representative with three-day weekends!
We’re looking for a strong-willed individual with excellent people skills to lead our business development practice. This is a new position in our established company with opportunity for promotion.
What We Do
Email Broadcast provides full-service email marketing, which continues to be the most effective internet marketing tool available. It’s 40 times more successful at earning new business than Facebook and Twitter combined, and the Direct Marketing Association says it has the best return on investment compared to SEO, SEM, social media, and others. While email marketing is still one of the greatest marketing vehicles available, most companies suck at it. This is great news—they hire us to do it for them.
We believe in leading balanced lives. You’ll work hard four days a week (M-Th 8 am to 6 pm), so you can enjoy three day weekends—every weekend. We also close for one week over the 4th of July holiday and two weeks at Christmas, so you can take yourself to Cancun (or whatever your ‘beach’ is). You’ve earned it!
Your job is to reach out to former contacts, respond to incoming leads, and—most importantly—make brand new contacts with businesses that have never heard of us. You are the tip of the spear in our sales cycle, setting up the CEO to close deals. Every time that happens, you’ll make a commission.
You will be schooled in the art and science of selling, and this will likely have a major impact on the rest of your career, regardless of whatever that may be. Selling is a cornerstone skill that makes everything in life easier, yet most people have no idea how it works. Our CEO is a Grand Master in sales and you will be his disciple.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a high level of sustained energy and a competitive desire to win at whatever you do. You will also need to be sharp enough to read people after only a few seconds on the phone. You’ll need to be willing to listen, and learn, and fail over and over again, with the understanding that sales is a numbers game and that perseverance and practice are rewarded financially.
Your resume is not as important as your attitude and your aptitude. If you’re smart, like to hustle, have a track record of achievement, and love the idea of unlimited income bound only by your production, then you might have what it takes to join our team.
Here are our requirements:
- A college degree is highly preferred.
- Must type 35 words per minute or more. Life is too short to hunt and peck. We will test you.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. If you didn’t ace English, you probably shouldn’t apply. Grammar counts here.
- Proven track record of achievement and an eagerness to learn and practice sales skills
- Sustained focus. If you need a 10 minute break every 30 minutes, please don’t apply. Are we a sweatshop? No. Are we a country club? Sadly, no.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy. You will be required to document your progress with each opportunity in our CRM, Highrise. Every time. Every day.
- Strong personal character and integrity
Here’s what we offer:
- Training and development from a world-class salesperson and coach
- 4-day work week with Fridays off
- 1 week off (without hourly pay) over the 4th of July holiday
- 2 weeks off (without hourly pay) over the Christmas holiday
- Year-end bonus
- Compensation package of $48,468 at quota (hourly plus commission) with no cap on earnings.
If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you. Email your resume and custom cover letter to
- Email your resume and custom cover letter to BDR@emailbroadcast.com.
- Use “Your 2017 BDR Rep” as your subject line. Don’t get creative here, this is how we sort the incoming mail.
- If you’re not willing to write a custom cover letter specifically about this job, please don’t waste your time or ours.
- Be sure to include something that tells us you actually read this posting and maybe even visited our website, and why you are the perfect fit for this position. Consider this your first sales pitch for us.
Free Tip: Both of these documents should be in PDF format only (when you send them to us, or anyone else).
Good luck, and we’ll see you at the top!
Account Coordinator - Contractor
What if you could control your own schedule, work from home, participate in strategic and creative marketing campaigns, and be a valued member of a kick-ass remotely connected team? Oh—you’ll also never be expected to work on Fridays. Yep. That’s right. Three-day weekends, every weekend.
Sound like a dream? Pinch yourself.
Email Broadcast is looking to hire a part-time, long-term Account Coordinator (and general marketing rockstar). Our Account Coordinators play a vital role here. They’re the connection between us and our clients; they’re in charge of keeping those clients happy; they’re the makers of amazing monthly email campaigns.
This job is a permanent contractor role within our company. You’ll have plenty of flexibility to get your work done, but that comes with accountability. You should be generally available from 10 to 4, Monday through Thursday. This is when client meetings, team meetings, communication, and collaboration happen. If you have other commitments during this time, this isn’t a good fit.
As an Account Coordinator, you’re going to be responsible for a handful of diverse clients (i.e., your accounts could include a high-end dermatology office or a remote fishing lodge). You’ll work on creating a monthly email campaign for them from start to send. This includes coming up with creative concepts, writing compelling copy, coordinating graphic requirements with our designer, A/B testing, requesting and tracking client approval, scheduling, reporting, and everything else in between. You’ll also attend weekly team meetings and occasional client calls, where you’ll share your ideas and contribute to discussions. To be successful, you need a blend of some specific skills:
- Client wrangling. Whether you’re getting buy-in on a content idea, or tracking someone down for an approval; you should be a perfect balance of persuasive, professional, persistent, and personable.
- Project tracking. I.e., Can you juggle? More importantly: Can you focus? You’ll be working on several email campaigns for different clients all at the same time. You have to be able to transition from one project to the next without dropping the ball but disciplined enough to focus on each task and ensure high-quality completion.
- Marketing wizardry. You have experience and know-how to hook an audience with a headline, dazzle them with compelling copy, and persuade them to click, buy, sign up, stay tuned, or whatever else your campaign calls for!
Still interested? See if the following describes you:
WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR
- 12-20 hours per week of work. That’s about how much you’ll be working with a typical client load. Want more? Once you prove your marketing prowess, there’s plenty of internal projects we can add you to that will increase your hours. This job can grow into what you make it, but those 12-20 hours will be your primary priority. If what you really need is a full-time job to pay the bills, that’s cool, but this isn’t the right role for you.
- A long-term role. To be clear: This isn’t a freelance opportunity. If you’re used to piecing together one-off projects and short-term gigs, we’re not a good fit. The Account Coordinator is a permanent contractor role within our company.
- To be part of a team. Yes, you’ll do a lot of work on your own. But lone wolves need not apply. Each month you’ll be working with me, her, him, and them.
- Decent Pay. Your hourly rate will be dependent on your experience. There is also a year-end bonus.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of hands-on marketing experience (email marketing is a huge plus!)
- You write good. (Or is it “write well”? You should know the difference.)
- Proven ability to meet and beat deadlines.
YOU’LL GET BONUS POINTS FOR
- Graphic design skills
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices
- Familiarity with email platforms (MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Experience with Basecamp, Highrise, and Google Docs
So, how does that sound?
If you think you’re the person we’re looking for, send your cover letter and resume to ACmay2017@emailbroadcast.com. Please use the subject line “Your 2017 Account Coordinator.” Do not get creative here. This is how we sort the incoming mail. Consider your cover letter to be an example of your marketing skills—pitch yourself to us! Make sure you explain why you’re the perfect person for this position, why you’re interested, and how this part-time role will fit with your lifestyle.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK FOR EMAIL BROADCAST?
Working for Email Broadcast as an independent contractor — yes, work from my home — score!
So I had this need…typical stay-at-home-mom that needed to make some additional money to pay for the extras that come with kids: shoes, toys, never-ending school fundraisers, and maybe even braces at some point. My husband works full time, but with the high cost of living it just wasn’t quite enough to cover those “extras.” It was simple: I wanted a part-time job, wielding my copywriting and client wrangling skills, and yet I didn’t want to shell out for daycare while I toiled away in some corporate office.
Enter Email Broadcast…the perfect solution that met these very exact needs. I seriously love my job with an amazing set of badass peeps, great clients, and I can even work in my pj’s if I so wish while I suck down as much coffee as I can take in.
Dara Gibbs, Sr. Account Manager
Seeking a work life balance – 4 days a week!
After nearly a decade of working full time in marketing communications, I needed a better work-life balance when I became a mom. It was much harder than I thought to find a flexible, part-time job in my field (that wasn’t a weird, scammy work-from-home gig). Thankfully, I found my happy medium with Email Broadcast.
As an account coordinator, I work part-time from home with flexibility to write on my own schedule. I’m thrilled to be using my college degree again (since I am, in fact, still paying for it), and it turns out that email marketing is my jam. Way cooler than anything I’ve done previously.
I don’t have to waste time or money commuting. I get to see my kids’ faces every day without shipping them off to daycare at 6 am. I don’t have to change out of my comfy pants. And I love the four-day work week, because, duh. I couldn’t ask for a better fit for my lifestyle.
Jackie Parker – Account Coordinator
Graphic Designer - Contractor
Imagine if you could secure a long-term gig where every day you got to express your creativity with different ideas and completely different designs. Through us you can work with a bunch of different clients and have a wide variety of assignments tapping into ALL of your design skills. Instead of pounding out the same old stuff every day, you’ll get creative reign to exceed our clients wildest dreams.
You’ll also have the warm and fuzzy feeling of running your own show, setting your own schedule, and having your own life – but still get the enjoyment of being part of a kick-ass team.
The role of graphic designer is an important one at Email Broadcast. The images in an email are as important (if not more important) than the copy. Many of our clients have formerly produced their own email campaigns and are paying Email Broadcast as a means to significantly step up their branding – that’s where you come in.
Our graphic designers need to have a wide range and a lot of tools in their belt. Each client has it’s own brand and voice and it’s your job to communicate this month’s message visually, pulling in the reader for further engagement.
While we value creativity, it’s nothing without accountability. We expect our graphic designers to engage with our team, answer emails, be active on Basecamp, make meetings on time, and generally have integrity and be accountable. We love to work with creative geniuses, but only if they show up.
We work on deadlines and demand that you have the ability to manage your schedule so that you can do great work for our clients. We abhor fire drills and drama and do very well at managing client expectations with regards to lead times and turnarounds times, but we’re not perfect. Our standard assignments include a one week turnaround, but occasionally you’ll be asked for a quick turnaround on an urgent project.
This is a long-term independent contract position. Location is flexible, but availability & tech capabilities for video chats scheduled between 10am and 4pm PST, Monday through Thursday is required. What this means is that you’re free to do your work whenever you want to, but we do operate like a normal business with normal business hours and have meetings throughout the week for which you’ll need to be generally available. We also have a lot of collaborative meetings, so a willingness to speak up and present ideas & opinions is extremely necessary.
This position is for approximately 10-20 hours of work per week. We work a short, intense work week with a focus on efficiency so we can spend the rest of our time living fulfilled, happy lives.
- 2 years experience or better on web design/email design/commercial layouts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Design
- Proven ability to deliver projects on/ahead of time
- Access to the full Adobe Creative Suite with expert status in Photoshop
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices regarding design
- Email platforms (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, etc)
- Basecamp, Highrise, & Google Docs
This role is for a remote contractor, but our headquarters is located in San Luis Obispo, CA
- Equal opportunity employer
- Rate DOE- 1099 contractor status
- We don’t work on Fridays
- We close for two weeks at Christmas and one week for 4th of July
Please follow these steps exactly:
1. Send an email to careers @ emailbroadcast.com
2. In the subject line use this: Your 2017 Graphic Designer (don’t get creative here – this is how we sort the incoming mail and all other responses will be trashed as Spam).
3. Include your resume, a link to your portfolio, and a couple of paragraphs on why you might be the perfect person for this position, why you are interested, and why a part-time contractor role will fit with your lifestyle long term.
4. Include your hourly rate requirements with the understanding that this will be consistent work of 10-20 hours per week or more as we grow.
5. Also, please tell us specifically which ad brought you here.
Thanks for your interest!
Copywriter & Editor - Contractor
Is your copy of the Yahoo style guide frayed at the edges from use? Do your friends refer to you as the grammar nazi? If you love to write and edit copy and are looking for a long-term, part-time role with a dynamic company, please read on.
Email Broadcast is looking for a new copywriter/copy editor to add to our team. If you don’t know about us or our team, check out our website. You should get an idea of what we’re about pretty quickly. (If you’re already on our website, do some exploring—we’ll wait.)
Our copy editors takes first draft copy created in google docs, complete with links and formatting, and edits for clarity, impact, grammar, and adherence to our company style guide. They evaluate for compatibility with the client’s voice and overall client strategy for the client in the form of comments and suggested edits.
Once those edits and comments have been made, the copy is returned to the account coordinator to create a second draft. The second draft is then submitted back to the copy editor to create final draft copy for the production team to adhere to verbatim in the final email.
Some of our clients have voice requirements/complexities that are better served by a dedicated copywriter. In these cases, you would work closely with the account coordinator and provide all copy necessary for the client’s messages , which would then be edited by a separate copy editor to maintain quality control. (Sometimes that complex client will be us.)
Turn around time for most tasks is 2 business days. Work can be completed at your discretion, as long as it is not late. Our business runs Monday to Thursday, 10am to 4pm Pacific. During those hours, we also schedule staff meeting—some of which you will be expected to attend. If you have a full time job during the day and are looking for moonlighting work, this role is not for you.
This is an independent contractor role. During the probationary period, it will pay an hourly rate of $20-$25 DOE. After the scope of work is fully understood, a flat rate payment structure could be negotiated.
We also have a team goal that offers some amazing incentives to keep everyone invested in the overall success of our company. Ask about these during your interview.
We’re sticklers for detail as you should be, so if you can’t follow these directions, you can’t work here.
- Send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Your New Copywriter.” DO NOT get creative here. This is how we sort the mail.
- Tell us why you’re perfect for the role in 300 words or less, and your relevant experience without having to read your resume. Then attach your resume for good measure.
- Tell us why a long-term part-time role fits with your career goals and/or lifestyle.
- Include any writing samples from a wide variety of voices. Copywriting preferred.
- Do something to impress us. Starting your email with “dear hiring manager” – not impressive.