Imagine if you could secure a long-term gig where every day you got to express your creativity with different ideas and completely different designs. Through us, you can work with a bunch of different clients and have a wide variety of assignments tapping into ALL of your design skills. Instead of pounding out the same old stuff every day, you’ll get creative reign to exceed our clients wildest dreams. You’ll also have the warm and fuzzy feeling of running your own show, setting your own schedule, and having your own life – but still get the enjoyment of being part of a kick-ass team.
The role of graphic designer is an important one at Email Broadcast. The images in an email are as important (if not more important) than the copy. Many of our clients have formerly produced their own email campaigns and are paying Email Broadcast as a means to significantly step up their branding – that’s where you come in.
Our graphic designers need to have a wide range and a lot of tools in their belt. Each client has it’s own brand and voice and it’s your job to communicate this month’s message visually, pulling in the reader for further engagement.
While we value creativity, it’s nothing without accountability. We expect our graphic designers to engage with our team, answer emails, be active on Basecamp, make meetings on time, and generally have integrity and be accountable. We love to work with creative geniuses, but only if they show up.
We work on deadlines and demand that you have the ability to manage your schedule so that you can do great work for our clients. We abhor fire drills and drama and do very well at managing client expectations with regards to lead times and turnarounds times, but we’re not perfect. Our standard assignments include a one-week turnaround, but occasionally you’ll be asked for a quick turnaround on an urgent project.
This is a long-term independent contractor position. Location is flexible, but availability & tech capabilities for video chats scheduled between 10 am and 4 pm PST, Monday through Thursday is required. What this means is that you’re free to do your work whenever you want to, but we do operate like a normal business with normal business hours and have meetings throughout the week for which you’ll need to be generally available. We also have a lot of collaborative meetings, so a willingness to speak up and present ideas & opinions is extremely necessary.
This position is for approximately 5-10 hours of work per week. We work a short, intense work week with a focus on efficiency so we can spend the rest of our time living fulfilled, happy lives.
- 2 years experience or better on web design/email design/commercial layouts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Design
- Proven ability to deliver projects on/ahead of time
- Access to the full Adobe Creative Suite with expert status in Photoshop
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices regarding design
- Email platforms (MailChimp, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, etc)
- Basecamp, Highrise, & Google Docs
Unpaid holiday for the week of 4th of July
Unpaid holiday for two weeks at end of year
Performance and year-end bonuses
Please follow these steps exactly.
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. In the subject line use this: Your Email Broadcast Graphic Designer (don’t get creative here – this is how we sort the incoming mail and all other responses will be trashed as Spam).
3. Include your resume, a link to your portfolio, and a couple of paragraphs on why you might be the perfect person for this position, why you are interested, and why a part-time contractor role will fit with your lifestyle long term.
4. Include your hourly rate requirements with the understanding that this will be consistent work of 5 -10 hours per week or more as we grow.
5. Also, please tell us specifically which ad brought you here.
This role is for a remote contractor, but our headquarters is located in San Luis Obispo, CA
- Equal opportunity employer
- Rate DOE – 1099 contractor status
- 5 -10 hours per week (or more)