Boost Your Profits 37% Using Email Marketing…even if you’re too busy to learn a new skill, don’t have any creative Ideas, or don’t have an email list.
I want to tell you a story about two similar businessmen— one successful and one not, a result of one key decision. But first, let’s talk about you.
Ask yourself if any of these things sound familiar:
- Your business is your baby. You want to keep it healthy, grow it, and defend it from competitors so that it can grow up and take care of you and your family.
- You’ve worked hard to build your brand and your image in the community— and you want your marketing to match the quality of the business you’ve built.
- When you talk to your web guy about how much traffic you’re getting, you’re left wondering— “That’s great, but where are the business results?”
- You know that your top salespeople do a decent job of following up with prospects, but you know it’s not 100% “until they buy or die.”
- You’re shocked at how many of your average salespeople are counting on the be-back bus to arrive, walking one expensive lead after another.
- You’re frustrated at how expensive and time consuming it is to create traffic and leads with today’s fragmented media channels. And when you see warm leads getting passed over or ignored in search of hot leads that can be closed THIS month— your blood starts to boil.
- When prospects do leave without buying you love the idea of making sure that each one gets reached with the perfect follow-up presentation so that your company’s distinct advantages have been clearly communicated.
- You are confident that with a few minor tweaks your business could be generating a LOT more sales with the resources and leads that it already has— you’re just trying to figure out the magic formula.
- You’re completely aware that expert internet and email marketing could help, but the last thing you have time for is to learn a whole new medium.
- You would love to see the look on the face of your top competitor when they see you’ve launched a world-class email campaign.
- You’re experienced enough to know that asking someone on your staff to “handle” email or internet marketing is not likely to produce the stellar results that you crave.
- You’d really like to find vendors that actually deliver on their promises.
If any of the above sounds like you, we’re confident that an expertly crafted and executed email marketing campaign may be the solution.
But are you Frank or Larry?
So, back to our story…
Frank and Larry, two business owners in the same industry, started with similar aspirations, but had very different outcomes. Farmer Frank (as his schoolmates called him) grew up on a farm where he was raised on the values of hard work and self-reliance before heading off to college at Harvard. Lieutenant Larry (as his friends called him) belonged to a military family and watched his dad build teams with specialists in each area.
After college and upon starting his business, Frank really dug in to all the various tools needed to run his business, trying to master them all— legal, accounting, marketing, and finance. He didn’t want to rely on anyone else, and besides, it saved him money. If he didn’t want to or couldn’t do it himself, he gave the responsibility to someone in his company he thought might be able to get it done— sometimes even asking family members to help, even if they weren’t very well equipped to handle the role.
Then there was Lieutenant Larry. Larry knew that he had to master his own business, and rely on others for help with areas outside of his core expertise. His dad called it “stick to the knitting.” He knew that if he concentrated on delivering value to his customers he would win in the long run. Of course that meant that Larry would need the right team on his side so he could get more done with less effort. If he didn’t have the perfect resource in-house, he would look for a qualified company to help.
While Larry enjoyed a successful and thriving business he was proud of, and that provided for his family and gave him plenty of free time, Frank spent all his effort trying to master every new tool that came down the pike, which distracted him from his core mission of serving his customers. Frank’s family also suffered by being asked to take on projects for which they were only vaguely suited. As time went on Frank’s business limped along while Larry’s business became a household name and was passed on to his kids.
This was 60 years ago, and while Larry embraced a new advertising medium called TV and hired a firm to produce his ads, Frank was busy doing his double entry accounting and writing his own newspaper ads.
Today’s new medium is email marketing, and you’re either using it to succeed or getting left behind.
Before we started working with Email Broadcast we were doing our own email marketing and it wasn’t paying off. Since they took over last year our bookings were almost immediately up 37% and we had our best year EVER. We also got our time back so we could focus on serving our customers…
Clyde Carlson, Owner Hakai Lodge
After growing up in a small town of 150 people in Washington State, and being the first of my family to graduate from college, I found myself in the exciting world of sales…
I was told that one key to success was to stay in contact with my previous customers but as they piled up it became harder and harder to do. At first I called them all by phone but soon realized I could spend my entire time at work on this task. Then I tried creating a paper newsletter and mailing it out but it was a huge distraction, expensive, and I had no idea if people were getting them or reading them. And all this effort was just for the customers I had already sold! I needed to make sales THIS month.
It was even more frustrating trying to guess which of the dozens of prospects I was contacting every month deserved another call.
Then I accidentally stumbled upon a tool over a decade ago that changed everything– and that tool was email marketing.
Now I could easily stay in touch with an infinitely expanding group of people with the push of a button. Not only that, I noticed that my contacts were forwarding my email to their friends. And I could even use hyperlinks to point to other content or videos allowing me to keep my message short but still delivering a lot of content. I could also tell exactly who was opening and clicking on my emails so I knew who to follow up with personally by phone. It was a salesperson’s dream!
Once I discovered it, I felt I had to share it with my business-owner friends. Once they started using it and shared their success with their peers, people started asking me to handle their campaigns too, and I couldn’t handle my full time job anymore. So I dedicated myself to helping a select group of companies use this powerful tool.
If you’ve tried to launch your own email campaign and been frustrated with the technology, the copywriting, the graphic design, and the big questions of “what to say?” or “how often?” or “what style?” you’re not alone. Don’t despair– there is hope!
“Email Broadcast got us started in email marketing 9 years ago, and we couldn’t be happier with their service and the results. We’re now driving over $10,000,000 per year in sales we can directly attribute to our email campaign after starting from zero. As a lean, growing company it’s great to include them as part of our marketing team. We have enough to do without learning all the technical requirements of running a world-class email campaign…”Rob Kelley, VP of Marketing at Mor Furniture for Less
What We Do:
My team and I have been practicing our craft since I got started in the year 2000. We focus solely on email marketing so that we can deliver outstanding results. Here are just some of the steps that we take with each client:
1. First, we assign three people to your team: an account coordinator/copywriter, a graphic designer, and a sales expert/strategist. This team will be working on your behalf throughout your campaign.
2. Your team will begin with the end in mind during a strategy session. We’ll want to understand a LOT about your business. We also want to know about the rest of your marketing plan so your emails seamlessly integrate.
3. Then, we start hand-building a custom HTML email template that represents your brand beautifully and test it against 50 different email clients and mobile devices to make sure it looks good in all of them.
4. Meanwhile, we create 100 different content ideas so we always have a large number of topics on tap to choose from.
5. We also examine your sales process and recommend how inserting email marketing could automate your marketing with the perfect messages at the exact right times. Not only will your web visitors turn into contacts, but we’ll create a drop-dead simple follow-up plan your salespeople will actually USE.
6. Additionally, we explore using the content we create on your behalf for your blog and social media assets — extending the reach of your email marketing to people not on your list.
Your entire time commitment once we kick off your campaign is a 20-minute phone call once a month where we discuss your results, get your approval/changes on upcoming messages, and plan for the future. We’re not aware of another firm that provides such a comprehensive email marketing solution for business owners with so little effort on their part.
We believe in email marketing, but our attempt to do it in-house wasn’t working.We used Constant Contact, which was supposed to be simple, but once we got started we quickly learned the interface was not so easy to master, and we really didn’t have anyone for the job…
Plus, we needed help with strategy, content, timing, and more that a do-it-yourself platform doesn’t provide. We were also very disappointed by the design choices and were not excited about the way our brand was being represented.
Working with Email Broadcast has been a polar opposite experience. Not only do we have a beautiful custom design that we are proud of, our emails are written by a team that is experienced in aesthetic medicine– which was very important to us. We still approve each message before it goes out, and I rarely have any edits which surprised me, as there is a fine line about what you can and can’t say in our industry. Email Broadcast gets it. The real win is that we are actually sending out an email consistently every month and they are paying dividends.Wendy Saunders, Manager & Director of Business Development, Dermetics
Everyone else, (like Constant Contact, for example) tells you, “you’re on your own” because the only way they make money is to get you and a million other people to “try it for free.” They are banking that you’ll muddle through, spend hours trying to figure it out, and be ok with a mediocre end result– just like everyone else is getting. If you’re ok with mediocre, then they’re a good choice.
We’ve spent the past 14 years getting it RIGHT so that we can instantly put our knowledge to use for YOUR business with a custom campaign designed specifically for YOU!
At Email Broadcast we’ve capped the number of clients that we will work with at 100, and that should be good news. Even better news is that we currently have openings!
Now, in order to get the same results we can produce immediately, you have a few options:
Which Choice is Right for You?
Build A Team.
Since you know you don’t have the time or the energy to do it yourself with everything else on your plate, you could decide to build your own team of experts.
Here’s what that might look like:
- Hire an Email Marketing Specialist for $50,000 per year, according to the compensation experts at PayScale (2014).
- Once you felt comfortable with that, then look for a professional graphic designer who could not only design beautiful things, but also understood the numerous design constraints inherent in building an email template— including rendering on mobile devices. Let’s pretend your designer can also write the code for your template and test it against 50 different email clients. If you can find one that can handle both the design and the code, that will run you about $3,000 initially and then $300 per month if you send out only one email.
- Once that was accomplished, you could then find a talented copywriter who could tell your story and knew how to use email as a medium. Let’s say that’s 3 hours per month at $75 per hour, or $225.
- After that, you could come up with your own list of over 100 ideas that were sure to work. Priceless.
- Finally, you could try to find, and then contract with, a sales expert who has insight about how to use email marketing to shorten the sales cycle, identify hot leads, and keep the attention of warm prospects. 10 hours at $300 per hour is $3,000.
Ok, that was a lot. So, let’s review your team and the cost:
Email Marketing Specialist
$50,000 per year (Per PayScale – 2014 Major Metro)
$3,000 initially and $300 per month
$275 per month
$3,000 on time fee
If my math is correct, building your own team will cost you $62,900 the first year, and months of your own time.
How Much Is It?
Let’s find out together! Seriously, we will answer that question for you, but first we need to have a conversation. Each client of ours is unique and so is their custom-built email campaign. After our talk, we’ll provide you with a quote for your consideration. The real question might be this: considering what’s at risk, how much will it cost you NOT to work with us?
Get a Free 20-Minute Consult on How Email Marketing
Could Impact Your Business
Maybe you can increase your profits 37% like Clyde at Hakai Lodge!
Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We guarantee that our call will focus on your business, and how we see email marketing making an impact. Whether you decide to use our service or not, this will be a valuable use of your time — or your money back! 🙂
P.S. Since you’ve read this far, what do you have to lose by contacting us?
P.P.S. Still not sure that it’s worth 20 minutes of your time for a consultation? Sign Up to get our Top 5 Insider Secrets on our home page.